In Snowdonia for a holiday? When it comes to dining out you are spoilt for choice.
When it comes to dining out, there are so many good choices, from little cafés to family friendly pubs serving good food and award winning restaurants. There is something for everyone and every budget.
Dog Friendly Pubs near Ashcoast House
- Harbour Table Table: Doc Fictoria, Balaclava Road, Caernarfon LL55 1TH - 01286 662462. Set in the beautiful Victoria Dock, near the marina. Perfect after a stroll through the old town.
- Villa Marina: 9 Rhes Segontiwm, Caernarfon LL55 2PN. 01286 677290
Tucked away snugly off the castle Square and conveniently close to the centre of the town. You can see the castle from the top floor. With a menu of Mediterranean dishes, classic Italian pastas and pizza, Paella & Risotto and beef & pork steaks, there is something for everyone.
- Ouzo and Olives: 16 Hole in the Wall Street, Caernarfon LL55 1RF. 01286 674333.
A typically decorated Greek restaurant. Delicious mediterranean meals. Feels very authentic and well worth a visit.
- Anglesey Arms Pub: Harbour Front, Caernarfon LL55 1SG. 01286 672158. Located right by the Caernarfon Castle, overlooking the Menai Strait. Good during the day for lunch or breakfast. Can get busy in the evenings. Good reasonable food and prices. Dog friendly
- The Mill-Y Felin: Llanberis Road, Pontrug, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 2BB. 01286 676 549. Located slightly out of town towards Llanberis, but it is well worth the effort to visit. Freshly sourced local ingredients are used to prepare an excellent menu. Varied and good value. Sure to be a hit.
- Pant Du Vineyard:
Between Penygroes and Talysarn. B4418, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL54 6HE. 01286 880806 / 01286 881819.
Pant Du Vineyard on the slopes of Nantlle Valley, a family run café open 10:30 - 16:30 everyday.
Enjoy amazingly good breakfasts, afternoon teas and delicious homemade cakes. Buffet menus start from £9 per person to £15 per person. Sunday lunch menu £16.95 for hearty 3 course meals. Pant Du Vineyard is a 5 minutes drive from Ashcoast House or if you want to burn some of those calories a 20 minute walk.
- Cadwalader's: The Iris, Castle Street Criccieth, Gwynedd, LL52 0DP. Tel: 01766 523665
If you like your ice-cream then you need to visit the Cadwalader's parlour, near the Castle. Sit at the back by the window overlooking the bay. You won’t be disappointed.
- Poachers Restaurant: 66-68 High Street, Criccieth, LL52 0HB. Tel: 01766 522512.
Located in the town centre serving exquisite food using the finest local Welsh ingredients. Unspoilt and unpretentious with moderate prices, this is a big favourite with with all visitors. Reservations recommended.
- Tir a Môr: 1-3 Mona Terrace, Criccieth LL52 0HG - 01766 523084.
Small & friendly restaurant. Great Fish & Chips, monkfish and seabass. Near the beach in Criccieth.
- Castle Inn Restaurant: 1 Parciau Terrace, Criccieth, LL52 0RW - Tel: 01766 523515.
Family run restaurant serving home cooked meals. They also have lots of Gluten free and Vegan options on their menu. Dog friendly. Open 2pm - 8.45pm. Closed on Sundays.
Porthmadog and Borth-y-Gest:
- Caffi Colwyn 1 Church St, Beddgelert, LL55 4YA
Beautiful cafe with a good choice of hot and cold meals and snacks. Good for a light lunch or a well deserved cake and coffee after your long walk. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options in the menu.
- Prince Llewelyn Pub Beddgelert: A498 near the bridge. LL55 4LT. 01766 890242
Located in the centre of Beddgelert. Dog friendly. Good quality pub food. The perfect place after a long walk.
- Cwellyn Arms in Rhyd Ddu Rhyd Ddu, LL54 6TL. Tel: 01766 890321
Located in the village of Rhyd-Ddu a short distance from Beddgelert on the A4085 towards Caernarfon.
The Cwellyn Arms is only a short walk from the start of the Rhyd-Ddu path to the summit of Snowdon. Dogs are welcomed in the bar and the lounge area - food served in both. Good real ales, good food and very friendly staff.
- Caffi Sam 48 High St, Llanberis, LL55 4EU
Delicious homemade cakes and soups, make this the perfect stop for a light bite. They also have a good selection of vegan health food, so there is no need to feel guilty whilst you tuck into your almond and chocolate cake. And it's dog friendly. Hurray.
- The Heights 74 High St, Llanberis, LL55 4HB. Tel: 01286 238235
From light bites to full-on pub classics. Good atmosphere especially if there is live music. Can get very busy in summer weekends. If you park your car in their grounds make sure you tell a member of the staff as otherwise you may get a parking ticket. Better still park elsewhere if you can. Dogs are not allowed inside.
- Caban Café Brynrefail, LL55 3NR Tel: 01286 685500
Another hidden gem, the Caban café is located at the foot of Llyn Padarn (Brynrefail). Locally sourced ingredients are used to create amazingly tasty dishes. 'Sweet potato soups', 'Thai curries' and if you are really hungry 'the quarryman’s breakfast'. For something different on Tuesdays they serve Tapas. All dishes are nicely presented, delicious, and very authentic.
You won't be disappointed.