In Snowdonia for a holiday? When it comes to dining out you are spoilt for choice.
When it comes to dining out, there are so many good choices, from little cafés to family friendly pubs serving good food and award winning restaurants. There is something for everyone and every budget.
- Harbour Table Table: Doc Fictoria, Balaclava Road, Caernarfon LL55 1TH - 01286 662462. Set in the beautiful Victoria Dock, near the marina. Perfect after a stroll through the old town.
- Villa Marina: 9 Rhes Segontiwm, Caernarfon LL55 2PN. 01286 677290
Tucked away snugly off the castle Square and conveniently close to the centre of the town. You can see the castle from the top floor. With a menu of Mediterranean dishes, classic Italian pastas and pizza, Paella & Risotto and beef & pork steaks, there is something for everyone.
- Anglesey Arms Pub: Harbour Front, Caernarfon LL55 1SG. 01286 672158. Located right by the Caernarfon Castle, overlooking the Menai Strait. Good during the day for lunch or breakfast. Can get busy in the evenings. Good reasonable food and prices. Dog friendly
- The Mill-Y Felin: Llanberis Road, Pontrug, Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 2BB. 01286 676 549. Located slightly out of town towards Llanberis, but it is well worth the effort to visit. Freshly sourced local ingredients are used to prepare an excellent menu. Varied and good value. Sure to be a hit.
- Poachers Restaurant: 66-68 High Street, Criccieth, LL52 0HB.
Tel: 01766 522512. Located in the town centre serving exquisite food using the finest local Welsh ingredients. Unspoilt and unpretentious with moderate prices, this is a big favourite with with all visitors. Reservations recommended.
- Tir a Môr: 1-3 Mona Terrace, Criccieth LL52 0HG - 01766 523084.
Small & friendly restaurant. Great Fish & Chips, monkfish and seabass. Near the beach in Criccieth.
Porthmadog and Borth-y-Gest:
- Caffi Colwyn 1 Church St, Beddgelert, LL55 4YA
Beautiful cafe with a good choice of hot and cold meals and snacks. Good for a light lunch or a well deserved cake and coffee after your long walk. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options in the menu.
- Glaslyn Ices & Glandwr Cafe A498 Beddgelert, LL55 4YB
Relaxed and friendly atmosphere with friendly staff. Really good pizza made to order as well as breakfasts and the amazing ice-creams. They have an outside covered seating area for people with dogs. What a great idea.
- Caffi Sam 48 High St, Llanberis, LL55 4EU
Delicious homemade cakes and soups, make this the perfect stop for a light bite. They also have a good selection of vegan health food, so there is no need to feel guilty whilst you tuck into your almond and chocolate cake. And it's dog friendly. Hurray.
- The Heights 74 High St, Llanberis, LL55 4HB
From light bites to full-on pub classics. Good atmosphere especially if there is live music. Can get very busy in summer weekends. If you park your car in their grounds make sure you tell a member of the staff as otherwise you may get a parking ticket. Better still park elsewhere if you can. Dogs are not allowed inside.